"You might be able to trick people into following your will sometimes, which is an accomplishment, I suppose, but hardly a trait that sufficiently recommends you."
Your ability to successfully manipulate others.
Manipulation contributes to the cumulative skill: Persuasion
How Manipulation affects the plot[edit | edit source]
- Min 50 Manipulation
- Welcome Feast - pass Woodly's test
- Lisle's date - successfully lie about liking Penelope (first check)
- Min 65 Manipulation
- Clarmont's date - ???
- Min 75 Manipulation
- Welcome Feast - Gisette - successfully lie about supporting her family
- Welcome Feast - Clarmont - rescue Penelope from Jarrod "subtly"
- Welcome Feast - Avalie - respond in kind to backhanded insult
- Lisle's date - successfully lie about liking Penelope (second check)
- Gisette's date - pass her test (if ethical personality)
- Jarrod's date - stay instead of fleeing (only if Courage test fails)
How to gain Manipulation[edit | edit source]
Character Creator[edit | edit source]
- "You managed to talk them into turning on one another." (+25)
- "I prefer to talk my way out of trouble"(+25)
- "You quickly figured out who the boy's rival was and managed to embarrass him publicly, without getting caught."(+25)
Week 1[edit | edit source]
- "I think princess Gisette would like to speak with you"(+5)
Week 2[edit | edit source]
- Practice Room - only if on a specific variation of Jarrod's romance path(+5)
Week 3[edit | edit source]
- Gift from unsigned (Weaver approval required)(+5)
- "Attempt to find an answer that pleases everyone" (375 persuasion)(+5)
- Saving your relationship with Jarrod (450 persuasion, don't choose Jarrod's romance)(+5)
|Beauty * Charisma * Charm * Etiquette
Persuasion * Likability * Book Smarts * Quick Wits * Interpersonal Insight * Defensive Instincts